Dominique Fricot | A surprise on my drive to work
dominique fricot, vancouver artist, vancouver musician, vancouver singer/songwriter, singer, songwriter, vancouver, vancity, vancity buzz, acoustic, jordan klassen, dear rouge, ed sheeran, counting crows, coldplay, chris martin, sounds like coldplay, artists like coldplay, bands like coldplay, haunted by love, if baby could walk, sweet little fantasy, the peak, the peak performance project,
738
single,single-post,postid-738,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,select-theme-ver-1.6,vertical_menu_enabled,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.3.4,vc_responsive

A surprise on my drive to work

While driving to work last week I had one of the coolest moments of my musical career. I was listening to the Peak 100.5 fm when their segment my-Tunes came on. My tunes is their phone in request segment. Since the Peak had added “Haunted by Love to the rotation, I thought for a brief moment that I should call in and request it myself. I quickly decided that it was a bad idea for two reasons. a. I was driving and operating a phone probably wouldn’t be the safest idea, and b. they might recognize my voice and embarrass me.

Two seconds later I hear a caller phone in and say “Can I hear Haunted by Love by…Dom..enic Fry..cot”. I was beside myself in shock. Somebody had actually called in to request my song, and, judging by their pronunciation of my name, I couldn’t have possibly put them up to it. (Unless of course a friend of mine had thought up this tactic, which is an excellent tactic I must add). To top it off the Peak DJ answered by saying that “Haunted by Love is probably our most requested song right now”!!

I have to send a big thank you out to everyone at the Peak 100.5 fm for playing the single. I also have to thank everyone who has been calling in and getting it played. A month ago I sent out a request for people to let the Peak know that you wanted to hear “Haunted by Love” and you did exactly that.

So thank you. Thanks a whole bunch, guys.

6 Comments
  • Clarissa

May 21, 2012 at 2:35 am Reply

ok, right now I’m envying every single person who heard you in the radio… actually, not for hear (’cause I just can’t stop hear your songs), but to to ask for that and reeeeeeeeeeaally hear your song on the radio…
    I was looking for a way to help but there’s no way to vote or ask for your songs on the Peak’s website. ¬¬
    Well, then I just have the mission to addict the rest of Brazil and the world in your songs. ;D

Good Luck ;***

• Dominique

May 21, 2012 at 5:58 pm Reply

Clarissa, if you can get me on the radio and then famous in brasil, i will give you a private concert whenever i come to brasil. we’ll churrasco and i’ll play songs, whichever ones you request. deal?

• Nicholas

May 23, 2012 at 7:33 pm Reply

I don’t think you should be so surprised! The rhythm of that song is addicting! After hearing it on The Peak myself I went straight to the internet to find out what that song was. I’ve been a fan and playing it for everyone I know since.

When I saw the songs release was passed I was a little bummed, but today a random visit to your site made my day! After only a few minutes the arrangements were made. My girlfriend is flying in from LA, and were coming to the CD release! We’re really excited to hear you play! It will definitely be a night to remember!

Thanks so much for the music, and please keep it up!
    See you on the 9th!
    – Nicholas

• Melinda

June 11, 2012 at 3:29 am Reply

Loved the story about the person calling in to request your song. How serendipitous!

• Ashley

June 15, 2012 at 2:25 am Reply

Every time your song comes on the peak I fall back in love with it, unfortunately I have ALWAYS missed your name. So tonight I heard it and was close enough to my house that I was able to remember some lyrics and google the lyrics to find out who you were. I am so glad I was able to! I just listened to snip-its from your EP and instantly bought it. Can’t wait to hear the whole thing. Your voice is amazing! Keep up the amazing music.

By the way…you need to talk to these shazam people because I would have downloaded this a lot sooner if they had been able to help me out!!

• Michael

June 25, 2012 at 8:26 am Reply

Great story. I’m from Germany and the Peak is my favorite radio on the internet. The source to find great music that others don’t play yet and where I heard ‘Haunted by love’ for the first time.